There is a lot of joy that you can experience while driving. Itâ€™s just you and your car, cruising down the open road and living life in the fast lane. Thatâ€™s unless youâ€™re living in a city. What you get here is nothing short of a horror show on wheels, especially during rush hour traffic. Pot holes, endless traffic jams, the pollution, both air and noise, and of course the city temper. And thatâ€™s just some of the obstacles that you will have to deal with on these busy roads. But we, at Chevrolet, are going to help you out. Here are some tips to keep you safe through all this.
- Make sure you use your turn indicators consistently and well in advance when turning or changing lanes. And donâ€™t try forcing your way through traffic.
- Donâ€™t try to forge your way through traffic by stepping on the accelerator. The faster you drive, the harder you work your brakes and this, in turn, may cause more wear and tear. So stay calm and youâ€™ll get through traffic easily.
- You should stay alert â€“ in fact stay twice as alert in the city! With the amount of traffic and pedestrians, thereâ€™s plenty to keep an eye on. So pay attention!
- Thereâ€™s a lot of slowing down and braking that happens when stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. In this situation, it is advisable to brake smoothly. This helps you avoid being rear-ended.
- Your mirrors are always important, but try looking over your shoulders for blind spots as well. Do this when changing lanes or pulling away from the curb.
- Donâ€™t take your frustration out on drivers who are in the wrong and allow space for errors to happen. This may help avoid accidents or tense situations. And thatâ€™s always a good thing.
- Your turn indicators are of prime importance when it comes to city driving. But, everybody would agree that sometimes this isnâ€™t enough. So donâ€™t be afraid to use your hand to indicate.
- Pay extra attention at junctions and crossing. A lot can go wrong here and a lot does. Make sure to slow down and try anticipating what others might do!
So, there you go. It isnâ€™t that hard to keep these tips in mind and following them. After all, when it comes to driving, the safer you are, the more you can enjoy your Chevrolet.