The sheer thought of Holi fills us with joy as the splashes of gulal and the mouth-watering taste of gujias takes over. But as much as this festival of colors excites us, it leaves very little to scare us about the upkeep of our belongings. Our dear car certainly qualifies to be one of the belongings that deserve extra care during this festival, for no one wants those non-descript blotches of color on their vehicle or those stylish seats absorbing colored water from your wet clothes. We bring you some quick tips to stay safe and take care of your car while you enjoy Holi:
- One of the easiest ways to protect your car from color is to have it wax polished before Holi.
- While driving, protect your car seats with plastic covers or old bed sheets to ensure that they donâ€™t get stained. You can also put water proof plastic or equivalent material on the upholstery to avoid them getting dirty.
- You can use gloves or wrap the steering wheel with polybags to ensure the color on your hands doesnâ€™t transfer to the steering wheel of your car.
- Carry adequate spare clothes and towels, in case you need to change.
- A closed garage or a separate shaded parking area is a good idea to protect unsolicited splatter on the vehicle.
- In case you park in the open, put a good body cover over your car to protect it from color.
- Still if the car gets splashed, donâ€™t panic. Try washing off the stains with water and a good car shampoo. Never scuff with a dry cloth; always use a wet one. Â If the stains canâ€™t be removed, donâ€™t rub it too harshly and look for paint detailing (rubbing and polishing). All Chevrolet Authorised Workshops are equipped to offer these services.
- Wearing rubber slippers during Holi can be a good idea as you can wash them before you enter your vehicle.
- Avoid taking your car out on this day, hire a cab instead.
- Enjoy the festival of colours â€“ Have a safe and happy Holi (Donâ€™t drink & drive).
These are just a few tips to keep your car safe and clean during this festival of colors. Now donâ€™t miss the opportunity to play Holi is a fun and exciting new way on Facebook with the Chevrolet Rang De app. Go ahead, try it now here. http://www.facebook.com/chevroletindia/app_355246777912833?ref=ts