Your car burned a rather big hole in your bank account when you decided to buy it. And now you have another headache â€“ mileage issues. Itâ€™s probably got you wishing cars were never invented. But you needn’t worry about it that much. Thereâ€™s no need to resort to cycling to work, which isnâ€™t a bad idea actually. Here are some tips and suggestion to improve your vehicles mileage.
- Keep your tyre pressure at optimal level. It makes a huge difference to your car’s fuel efficiency. Tyres low on pressure cause friction between the rubber and the road and results in higher fuel consumption. You donâ€™t want something so basic to cause you so much trouble!
- Be smooth with the controls. Caress them and treat the accelerator and brake pedals like youâ€™re giving them a massage.
- Useless acceleration and sudden braking can cause harm to your vehicle’s fuel efficiency. Not that fun anymore is it!
- Your car drinks more fuel in a lower gear when you accelerate. So, if the engine’s not pulling, shift down a gear rather than punching down on the throttle.
- Idling â€“ The act of burning fuel without really going anywhere. Turn your engine off if youâ€™re stationary!
- Lose weight! No, you donâ€™t need to diet for this tip to work. Throw out any unnecessary junk lying around in your car.
- And if none of these work â€“ Walk!These are just some useful tips that can help you improve the mileage of your car. Whether you use them is up to you. And if youâ€™re looking around for a fuel efficient car, Chevrolet has an exciting range of carlines which will surely impress you. As always – safe driving!