Going out for a trip with your children is always an enjoyable experience. But ensuring their safety in the car while you drive can be hard at times. With you having to concentrate on the task of driving, it is difficult to keep a check on them at all times. And keeping them pre-occupied is harder than you think. Hereâ€™s what you can do to keep your kids as safe as possible, while in a car.
- Never seat your baby in the front seat.
- Use an infant or convertible seat. This way you know that your baby is secure and comfortable. Buy the right car seat, install it properly and use it the right way.
- Never leave your child alone in a car or around cars as well.
- Children below the age of 12 should be seated in the back seat for additional safety.
- Make a habit of always opening the back door every time you reach your destination to make sure you havenâ€™t left your child behind.
- Use your kidâ€™s favorite toy to keep them pre-occupied and comfortable for as long as possible.
- Before leaving, secure all loose or sharp items that may hurt your child.
- Kids love to touch things so engage the carsâ€™ child safety lock while the vehicle is moving.
- Driving and childcare canâ€™t happen at the same time. In case your child needs attention, pull over and stop the car first.
- Try not putting anything at the rear window of the car, something could fall off and hurt your child.
- Always carry water and snacks. This is not only a safety precaution, but ensures they always have something to eat.
- Take your childâ€™s favorite music along. They are more than happy to sing along, keeping them happy and de-stressed.
- If youâ€™re going on a long journey, make frequent stops to let them out and stretch a little.
So there you go, these are amongst many handy tips that would surely be helpful, not only keeping your child safe, but keep you concentrated on the road while driving as well. Because, when it comes to children, SAFETY FIRST.